The group was formed when the popularity of the Bird Watching Group threatened to make the group too large.
We meet on the third Thursday of each month for a walk to see birds (and other wildlife), in particular waterfowl. The walk is usually in the morning followed by a pub lunch for those who wish to partake. We alternate between walks close to home and those a little further away but usually with no more than a ninety minute drive to get to.
We break for the summer months of June to August.
Venues for the 2014/15 season include:
– Dinton pastures including Lavell’s Lake hides – held in September
– Pagham Harbour – RSPB reserve
– Moor’s Green Lakes, Wokingham
– Twyford Nature Reserve (BBOWT)
– WWT Slimbridge, Gloucestershire
– WWT Barnes – London Wetlands Centre
– Spade Oak, Marlow
– Rainham Marshes, Essex – RSPB reserve
– College Lake, Oxon – BBOWT reserve