Wokingham u3a members are expected to conduct themselves in line with the national u3a Guiding Principles, which can be found on the Third Age Trust website. Specifically:
- Members are expected to know, follow and promote the principles of the u3a Movement at every opportunity.
- Members must always act in the best interests of Wokingham u3a and the u3a Movement, strive to uphold its reputation and never do anything which could bring their own, another u3a or the u3a Movement into disrepute or expose it to undue risk.
- Members are expected to use Wokingham u3a’s resources responsibly and only to further its stated charitable objects/purposes. The u3a is a non-political and non-religious organisation and Members may not share material with other u3a Members of this nature.
- Members may only use the database information provided by Wokingham u3a for matters associated with u3a business or group activities and not for personal purposes.
- Members are expected to reflect the current guidance provided by the Committee of Wokingham u3a, regardless of whether it conflicts with their personal views.
- Members are expected to abide by Wokingham u3a’s procedures, practices and policies, which can be found on the Wokingham u3a website.
- Members are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect at all times.
Adherence to the above represents a condition of membership of Wokingham u3a.
Issued by Wokingham U3A committee July 2021