As Lockdown continues, many of you are self-isolating, we are all still socially distancing and it will be quite a while before we are able to enjoy the thrill of congregating in the same room. Therefore, we are moving our Speaker Meetings online so you can listen to talks by our Guest Speakers from the comfort of your own homes via ZOOM which we know many of you have been using for Group meetings or maybe to keep in touch with family and friends.
Our next Speaker Meeting via ZOOM will be held on Wednesday 26th August @ 2.00pm Melanie Gibson-Barton will present Eva Braun – Victim or Contriver
Melanie’s talk on The Life of Eva Braun will present the story of the woman who devoted her life to Hitler. The material of the talk is sensitively presented in order to appeal to a wide audience. It will convey the life story of the girl who met Adolf Hitler in a shop during the years leading up to his rise to power in Germany. Melanie’s interest in Eva began after seeing Eva alongside Hitler in cine-film on ‘The World at War’ television programme in 1973. While listening to the talk you can consider whether you think Eva was a victim or a contriver in her story – we won’t be voting.
This talk fits within a suite of talks by Melanie about the history of the World Wars. Her particular interest is Belgium and her knowledge has been built up through splitting her time between living in Kent and living in Bruges, Belgium.
The meeting will take place on Zoom, so you will need:
- A computer, tablet or smartphone with a camera and microphone and
- To Download the very simple Zoom software
If you need assistance with Zoom, or are just unsure if your computer/laptop/iPad is suitable don’t be put off, please let me know. Our helpful support team are here and more than willing to help you get set up and give you the confidence to use Zoom in readiness for our Speakers Meeting.
- Tickets Cost £2.00 per household/link and must paid for in advance by online bank transfer or at your Bank Branch. If you have a credit owing this will be used in lieu of payment.
- Tickets will be limited, so you must Register for this talk by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17th August please. You will then be sent details of how to pay.
- Your booking will only be confirmed once payment is received and you will be sent instructions on how to join the meeting. Payment is non-refundable in the event of non-attendance.
I hope this talk, which you can enjoy from the comfort of your own homes, will be of interest to you.
Glynis Leeson, Speakers’ Secretary