As Lockdown continues, many of you are self-isolating, we are all still socially distancing and it will be quite a while before we are able to enjoy the thrill of congregating in the same room. Therefore, we are moving our Speaker Meetings online so you can listen to talks by our Guest Speakers from the comfort of your own homes via ZOOM which we know many of you have been using for Group meetings or maybe to keep in touch with family and friends.
Our first Speaker Meeting via ZOOM will be held on Friday 19th June at 2.00pm Elizabeth Gowing will present ‘A Courageous and Skilled Shot’
The talk about inspiring Photographer Princess Ksenia of Montenegro (1881-1960) will last for c45 minutes followed by Q&As. It is supported by many photographs taken by the Princess during her years in the brand-new Montenegrin capital of Cetinje, where the royal family had their palace before they were exiled to France in 1916. Despite her privileged life of garden parties, Ksenia’s photographic record also shows how she drove out to take beautiful photographs celebrating ordinary life in Montenegro among its schools, soldiers, fishermen, cooks, horses and villages.
Elizabeth is the author of five travel books, of which four are about the Balkans. She is a frequent contributor to Radio 4’s ‘From Our Own Correspondent’ and an experienced presenter.
- Tickets Cost £2.00 per household/link and must paid for in advance by online bank transfer
- If you have a credit owing this will be used in lieu of payment.
- Tickets will be limited, so please reply to this email message before Friday 5th June if you definitely want to hear this talk and you will be sent details of how to pay.
- Your booking will only be confirmed once payment is received. You will then be sent instructions on how to join the meeting.
The meeting will take place on Zoom, so you will need:
- A computer, tablet or smartphone with a camera and microphone and
- To Download the very simple Zoom software
If you need assistance with Zoom, please let me know. Our helpful support team are here and more than willing to help you get set up, subject to you having all the appropriate equipment.
I hope this talk will be of interest to you and that you agree this is a good way of bringing our talks to you until we are able to restart our regular Meet-ups in St Paul’s which I for one have most certainly missed.
Glynis Leeson, Speakers’ Secretary