Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM)
Chairman, Ian Grainge, opened the EGM and confirmed that the number of members attending exceeded the quorum.
Resolution to amend Wokingham u3a Constitution as set out in the agenda
The Chairman confirmed the purpose of the resolution was to authorise future General and Committee Meetings to be convened and conducted electronically, where appropriate. An amended Section 5 enabled email correspondence. Section 6 text had been supplied by the Third Age Trust and was proposed exactly as provided to us.
The resolution was proposed, seconded and passed by a majority exceeding the two-thirds of members set out in the Constitution.
The Chairman declared the meeting closed.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Having duly amended the Constitution at the Extraordinary General Meeting, the Annual General Meeting then proceeded under the terms of the updated Constitution.
Chairman’s and Treasurer’s Reports were presented.
The following Resolutions were proposed, seconded and passed with the requisite majority:
- Resolution to Receive and Approve the Examined Wokingham U3A Accounts 2020
- Resolution to Receive and Approve the Trustees Annual Report 2020
- Appointment of Financial Examiner T Edney for 2021-2022.
- Election of Principal Officers: Chairman – Pam Hares; Vice-chairman & Groups Coordinator – Chris Melhuish; Secretary – vacant; Treasurer – John Waddington
- Election of up to 6 more members of the Committee: Ian Grainge – Past Chairman; Neil Goodhand – Website Coordinator; Glynis Leeson – Speakers’ Secretary; Gill Gardner – Beacon & Finance Coordinator; David Spinks and Phil Barriball – Committee Member
New Chair Pam Hares addressed the members and then closed the Annual General Meeting.
New Committee Members
At the subsequent Wokingham u3a Committee Meeting (6 April 2021) the following members were Co-opted to the Committee:
- Pauline Williams – Secretary
- Denise Allen – Minutes Secretary